Flowers and Plants Care
- For vase arrangement: add water daily if needed. Please completely change the water every 3-4 days (we provide one small bag of flower food, please follow the instruction on the bag). If you see the water becomes cloudy, change it as soon as possible. When you change the water, we suggest that clean the vase, use fresh water with flower food, and re-cut the stems about 1-2cm from the bottom.
- For floral foam arrangement (such as basket arrangement): just add water daily. Keep the flower arrangement away from heat, drafts and air conditioners. Flower likes cool place, you can add some ice-cube in the vase during summer time.
- For bouquet: cut stems on an angle using sharp knife or flower cutter in the water. Remove all foliage that will be below the water level, and then transfer cut flowers to a vase filled with water (with flower food we provided, see instruction on the bag). DO NOT use metal containers as the acid in flower food may react with metal and release ions which your flowers probably feel sick. You should follow the instruction as Vase Arrangement once you put the flowers into a vase.
- We do not recommend to use "home made" substitute for flower food, as you may take risk to kill your flowers.
- Keep the flowers away from fresh fruit or cigarette smoke. They both produce Ethylene, which your flowers do not like - it will shorten the flowers life.
- Keep the flowers away from any excessive heat source, such as direct sunlight, heating, stove and so on.
- Remove any leaves below the water line: they will deteriorate and rot. The dead leaves is a good food for bacteria and fungi. But remember to keep few leaves up of the water line. Flowers need leaves to help them "breath" and "eating".
- Flowering plants: most flowering plants need good light, moderate temperatures, uniform soil moisture. Please place the flowering plants close to window where has enough sunlight. The temperature would be better between 15-25oC. DO NOT place them close radiators or drafts. Inspect soil moisture every 3-4 days. When you feel soil dry to the touch, please add water evenly to wet the soil all the way down to the bottom of the pot. Let any excess water drain off, and dump the water which come out from the pot. In order to keep flowering plants longer, you can add some plant food (you can get it from your local store).
- Foliage plants: most plants do not like the intensely bright sunshine during summer. Please place them near a south or east window. Examine the soil moist once a week. When you feel the soil dry to the touch, add enough water to wet the soil evenly. Drain off any excess water. Use plant food every month or follow the instruction on the plant food package.
- Keep canes submerged in at least 1" of water.
- Luck bamboo needs bright diffused sunlight, but can grow in most indoor light.
- The temperature is from moderate to warm.
- Need a day or half a day of sunlight.
- Water the Bonsai every 2-3 days. It is very important that never let a Bonsai totally dry out. When you water Bonsai, let the earth of your bonsai semi-dry between each watering. The best way to water Bonsai is: in a sink, soak the pot in water for 15-20 minutes. Let the water level goes up to 3/4 of the pot. Spray the leaves once or twice a day.
- If you can, please fertilize every two weeks in summer; once a month in winter.
- We do not encourage you to re-pot Bonsai as it will die in most cases, except if you have the experience.
- Even orchids are tropical plant, but they do not need lots of water. Over-water will kill the roots, so do not let the orchids sit in water. Water Orchids every 1-2 weeks (depending on the type and the location in your home). Orchid's pot from our store has special design for Orchids. Please keep the orchids in the original pot. During summer time, you can add 3-4 ice-cubes on the pot instead of watering.
- Orchids need strong light, but NOT direct sunlight. Thus, place the orchids closing to window but not under sunlight.
- In order to keep the orchids blooming, we suggest to have the different temperature during the day and the night. If the flowers finished, cut the old blooming stem, taking care of the orchids as usual. It will have new flowering stem coming out, and will bloom again.
- You can fertilize the orchids, but it is better to use Orchids Fertilizer.